Questions About Dioxin and Furan Testing?
What Are Dioxins and Furans?
Dioxins and furans are toxic chemicals regarded as persistent pollutants associated with polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs) and polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDFs). This group of primarily anthropogenic chemical compounds is created as an unintended byproduct of several human activities including combustion, certain types of chemical manufacture, chlorine bleaching of paper and other industrial processes. They can be found in air, water and contaminated soil, are difficult to remediate and can remain in the environment for a long time, making it essential to address them during site assessment and cleanup.
Why Dioxin and Furan Testing Is Important
Being persistent organic pollutants, dioxins and furans do not degrade in the environment and bioaccumulate in the food chain. Because these ubiquitous compounds accumulate in biological tissues, dioxins and furans have been in the environmental spotlight for over two decades and have recently fallen under the scrutiny of the global food community.
Dioxin and Furans Testing Services
Pace® is at the forefront of dioxin testing, having served the evolving global dioxin testing market for many years. The highly experienced Pace® scientific staff performs dioxin/furan and dioxin-like compounds testing in virtually any matrix, utilizing the latest instrumentation, and following USEPA methodologies. Dioxin-like compounds include PCB Congeners and Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE).
Pace® Minnesota holds DoD certification for Dioxin/Furans & PCBs and is NEFLAC certified, ISO17025 certified. The laboratory offers an extensive range of dioxin testing capabilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Dioxin analysis in the conventional environmental matrices:
- Soil and sediment
- Air and water
- Stack emissions
- Plant and animal tissue
- European Union compliant Dioxin testing in human food and animal feed
- Analysis of emerging dioxin-like compounds in all matrices
- PCB Congeners by HRGCMS
- PBDE Brominated Flame Retardants by HRGCMS
Additional information and downloads
- Dioxin Testing Capabilities
- Dioxin/Furan Project Testing Experience
- Dioxin Certifications
- Dioxin-like Compounds Analysis: PCBs and PBDEs
- Dioxin / Furan Specific Isomers & Toxic Equivalent Factors
- Dioxin Testing – Sample Guidelines
- Dioxin Testing Services
- Dioxin Testing in Food
- PCB Congeners
- PBDE Brominated Flame Retardants
- Dioxin Case Study – Maine DEP